International Journal of Advanced Research in Multidisciplinary Sciences
Editorial Board Member Guidelines
This is a favored area for IJARMS Journals Editorial Board Members. Editorial Board Members log-in and get full control over the choice and review process. Editorial Board Member’s management self-contained component facilitates management of manuscripts, from their Section of Unassigned, selection for review, detailed review, assigning them to referees, seeking their comments, providing comments, to the final decision making on acceptance, revision and rejection. Editorial Board Members may share their views with the referees and the IJARMS Journals Publication management team. IJARMS Journals Editorial Board Member comprises of experts on formal invitation from IJARMS Journals have kindly consented to represent the IJARMS Journals for providing their valued editing services, and support the Publication management team of the IJARMS Journals.
EDITORIAL BOARD MEMBER POLICY
The manuscript is a privileged document. It needs to be protected from any form of exploitation. Editorial Board Members are expected not to cite, refer and to refrain from using the information it embodies for the advancement of their own research.
• IJARMS Journals Editorial Board Member should consciously adopt a positive attitude towards the manuscript under review.
• IJARMS Journals Editorial Board Member should aim at promoting effective scientific communication.
• IJARMS Journals Editorial Board Member, who thinks that he or she is not in position to judge a particular manuscript impartially, should not select or accept it for review.
• IJARMS Journals refereeing should be carried out as per the stipulated time lines. In case it appears the deadlines are hard to meet in some specific case, IJARMS Journals publication management team should be informed accordingly. This will enable the later to take alternative measures to avoid expected delay.
• IJARMS Journals Editorial Board Member should not discuss a manuscript with its Author. IJARMS Journals Online Journal system updates Author about every action being taken on their manuscript.
• The identity of Editorial Board Members is kept confidential as per the policies of the IJARMS Journals.
• It is appropriate, not to make any statement about acceptance or revision on a manuscript to the author, till a final verdict is arrived at, as per the IJARMS Journals norms.
• The announcement of decision on acceptance may rest on the IJARMS Journals publication management team.
• IJARMS Journals publication management team expects the Editorial Board Member to monitor the status of manuscripts and specially watch for the comments on revision, rejection and acceptance to avoid any duplication of efforts at their ends. Onward decisions by the publication management team will be based on the information made available by the Editorial Board Member online through an email.
• Critical appraisal should be presented dispassionately in the comments intended for the Authors and harsh remarks avoided.
• Suggested modifications should not imply as conditions of acceptance. It is important to make distinction between revisions considered essential and those judged merely desirable.
• In cases, we do not accept a manuscript; we should convey our constructive comments that might help the author to improve it. This requires providing elaborate comments; it will help the Editorial Board Members to make a decision on the manuscript and the authors to improve it.
• The documentation on criticism, arguments, and suggestions concerning the manuscript is to be preserved carefully. It will be quite useful for decision makers.
• Editorial Board Members are not expecting correct mistake in grammar, but any assistance in this regard will be highly appreciated.
• IJARMS Journals Editorial Board Members management team gratefully receive a reviewers recommendation, but since the decisions are based on evaluations derived from several sources, a reviewer should not expect decision makers to honor his or her every recommendation.
General Standard on Suitability of Manuscripts
• Originality- Novel that has potential to significantly add the research already published to us through available literature.
• Subject relevance and scientific reliability.
• Importance in terms of scientific in particular in general of the subject dealt.
• Adequacy of abstract, key words.
• Appropriateness of approach or experimental design, adequacy of experimental techniques
• Methods adequately described or not.
• Results relevant to the problem posed or not.
• Relevance of citations and their up to date inclusion.
• Relevance of the figures and table, clarity of legends and titles.
• Suitability for the IJARMS Journals in totality. Its quality is suitable for general readers.
• Presentation In entirety, considering writing style, clarity in expression.
ETHICAL GUIDELINES FOR JOURNAL EDITORIAL BOARD MEMBERS
• Significant ethical guidelines that all journal Editorial Board Members must comply with are as given below:
• Editorial Board Members must give unbiased consideration to the manuscript solely on the basis of its merits.
• Editorial Board Members must maintain confidentiality with reference to the manuscript, research information and correspondence cited in the reference, if any. The manuscript should, in no case, be shared with a third party, external to the peer review process.
• Any claim received against the submitted article that the same is being under consideration elsewhere or has already been published, should be called to the journal Editorial Board Member’s attention for the latter to investigate further.
• Editorial Board Members hold the authority to accept or reject a submitted manuscript without resort to formal peer review if the manuscript is found inappropriate to the journal’s scope or entails plagiarized content.
• Editorial Board Members should strive to stand up to the specified deadlines to ensure submission and publication in a timely manner.
• IJARMS Journals recommend authors, peer reviewers and Editorial Board Members to comply with the aforesaid ethical code of conduct.
Duties of Editorial Board Member
The Editorial Board Member of the journal is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published. The Editorial Board Member may be guided by the policies of the journal’s Editorial Board Member and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism. The Editorial Board Member may confer with other Editorial Board Members or reviewers in making this decision.
An Editorial Board Member will at any time evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship or political philosophy of the authors.
The Editorial Board Member and any Editorial Board Member must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other Editorial Board Member and the publisher, as appropriate.
Disclosure and conflicts of interest
Unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript must not be used in an Editorial Board Member’s own research without the express written consent of the author.